I remember writing this post last year when I had Lila and I have to say dressing while pregnant in the summer is a totally different ballgame than dressing in the cooler months. I lived in leggings and oversized sweaters and sweatshirts when I was pregnant with both Hunter and Lila (both spring babies!). And everyone kept telling me dressing while pregnant in the summer was much easier because you could just wear loose fitting dresses that you already owned. Let me start out by saying that I did, indeed, find this statement to be true…for a hot second. But as my baby grew, and my stomach expanded, I found it harder and harder to get dressed everyday. The dresses that had fit me in May and early June stopped fitting me come July. I pretty much had a rotation of outfits that I wore and the second I would get home from being out, that outfit would come off and the sweatpants would come on.
Now that I have officially been pregnant during every season, I can honestly say being pregnant (and I mean really pregnant) in the cooler months is a billion times easier than being pregnant in the summer- both clothing wise and pregnancy wise. However, no matter what time of year I've been pregnant my list of must haves has pretty much stayed the same::
- Leggings:: these are my favorites. And these are super comfy, too- I've had them through all three pregnancies.
- Fitted tees:: bought this style in every neutral color and in the tank and long sleeve version, too!
- Denim:: still a big believer in good quality denim that will take you from start to finish- splurged and bought this pair back in the spring and I love them! And they are on sale!
- Water Bottle:: This is the one new thing I added to my "Must" list. I'm always thirsty when I'm pregnant, especially towards the end. I finally picked up one of these water bottles and I legit use it day and night. I bought the large size and I fill it up every night and it keeps my water ice cold all night long (it can also keep beverages hot for 12 hours). Can't believe it took me so long to buy one!
- Bathrobe:: I'm actually embarrassed to say how much time I spent in my bathrobe these past few months. Let's just say it was a LOT. In fact my nephew came over just the other day and the first thing he did was look me up and down and ask with a truly perplexed look on his face, "Why are you wearing that??" My answer: Because I'm huge and nothing else feels comfortable to me. SO if you are pregnant- Now's the time to invest in a good quality robe! Plus, you will definitely want something comfy to lounge around the house in once baby comes.
Tips:: Although time seems to come to halt during your last few months of pregnancy, I swear it goes by quickly. Try and use as much as you can of your pre-pregnancy wardrobe. Chunky, oversized sweaters in the cooler months are perfect!